Is long term usage of Seroflo harmful?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hello Doctor, I am a 26 years old guy(non smoker). At my child hood(10years) old, I had bronchitis). Which got cured (Homoeo). And I did not have such problem until last 9 months.It all started at the age of 26(just 9 months) back.I was feeling severe shortness of breath. No cough, wheezing, mucus. Only problem is shortness of breath. Initially I started with homoeopathic treatment but it was showing no much cure. I was constantly using levolin. It used to give a slight relief. But this disease never left me. Doctors had a pft test and said it is Asthma. But the problem is that, certain inhalers like budamatr 200 makes.my problem worser. I have tried serflo- this used to give me a comparitably better relief. But I am scared whether the continuous use of seroflo will make me addictive to it and I will have use it through out my life time. Please suggest me Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No harm in taking seroflo.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
First of all, relax and be calm.
No harm in taking seroflo regularly.
You will not get addictive to it.
Inhaled treatment is the best treatment for asthma.
Asthma is chronic inflammatory disease of airways. So treatment of asthma is also long and should last for at least 2 years.
I want to ask few more things first.
1. Have you ever undergone allergy testing?
2. What was your last PFT (pulmonary function test) report?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.