Is liver cirrhosis hereditary?
No its not hereditary except few variants.
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
Liver cirrhosis is due to many reasons. Most common being Alcohol, chronic viral hepatitis B and C. These are not hereditary.
There are few types of cirrhosis which have small hereditary component but not so significant.
So, for your information purpose, I would say it is not hereditary.
Your mother must be having a cause behind that.
If you will keep on drinking , you are again at risk of developing liver cirrhosis.
Get following tests done:
1. Liver function test
2. Ultrasound Abdomen
3. Hepatitis B and C.
Get tested, stop drinking and stay healthy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Colostrum and liver cirrhosis
- Malaria leads to liver cirrhosis
- Use of diphenhydramine in liver cirrhosis
- Hcg diet and liver cirrhosis
- Liver cirrhosis light headed
- Esr use in liver cirrhosis
- Liver cirrhosis sgpt level
- Liver cirrhosis and dengue fever
- Nash liver cirrhosis prognosis
- Diet chart for liver cirrhosis