Is light vaginal spotting after full hysterectomy normal?

Question
just showed a light spotting pink after full hysterectomy is that normal ??
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not serious but observe

Detailed Answer:

If the hysterectomy has been done just a few days ago, slight spotting may be seen, especially after some exertion. If it has been quite some time, such spotting needs to be observed carefully and further inspection done to rule out organic causes.

Trauma to the vault, hematoma formation just above the vault, infections, can also cause such spotting. Please inform your surgeon and get proper advice.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.