Is laparoscopy necessary for preventing cancer from spreading?
Laparoscopic surgery for treatment of prostate cancer
If prostate cancer is localized only to prostrate and surrounding lymph nodes, then he will be a good candidate for surgery.
If surgery is an option, then laparoscopic surgery is as effective as open surgery in the hands of an experienced laparoscopic surgeon.
Moreover, laparoscopic surgery has shorter recovery time and fewer side effects than traditional open radical prostatectomy.
Please discuss with your doctor to see your husband is a good surgical candidate.
If so, laparoscopic surgery is definitely a good option if an experienced laparoscopic surgeon is available.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...