Is lactation possible without pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 24 Dec 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I want to breastfeed my partner. Can i use one i pill and after that dose of domperidome to increase probation levels. I dont want to use breast pumps and nipple stimulation
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Difficult without a childbirth.

Detailed Answer:
Without a delivery it is difficult to increase your prolactin levels to such a level so as to cause a milk secretion by the breasts.
You can try I-pill and domperidone but you must do a nipple stimulation along with this to get a few drops of milk. Also, using I-pill can cause withdrawal bleeding and irregularity of your cycles.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
Thank u dr. How much time it will take produce few drops. And second how early i can regularize my cycles if i stop feeding after a month. Does my weight will effect
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not possible to have prolonged lactation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It is doubtful whether it will produce any milk or not. You can try taking domperidone thrice daily for 5-7 days and see if few drops of milk come. There cannot be a prolonged lactation for a month without a childbirth. Weight gain is likely. The periods will regularize in 2-3 months.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.