Is lack of menstruation a sign of pregnancy?
I have some basic question about pregnancy , I recently got married and my wife missed her period for about two week we did a check using home pregnancy kit and it says it positive .
now I have following doubt .
1. how much reliable is home test , is it 100 % accurate
2. we had unprotected sex only once that too after 4 to 5 days of her periods last day , so are there possibility that female can be pregnant even out side of there pregnancy window periods
3. She got minor bleeding like some drops two to three time , is it natural or should we go to doctor asap
4. my wife blood group is B negative and mine is O+ , so do we have to take extra precaution or some kind of medical treatment during pregnancy
5. how long it is safe to have sex during pregnancy , not at all or till some months or only after child birth ? I have no idea so dint want to take any risk , I had never touched her since we got the result positive
6. She feels pain in her legs , and sometime below the Navel point , is it natural ?
7. she is not feeling to eat something , her diet is reduced all of a sudden , is this also natural ?
8 . She is feeling weakness also but no vomiting
Thanks for your time .
Symptoms quite common during pregnancy....
I went through your details. I shall answer your questions individually.
1. The current Urine pregnancy kits are designed to be accurate. Chances of false positivity are remote, unless the pregnancy is a chemical pregnancy or a hydatidiform mole. Ultrasound scan done around 5-7 weeks will rule out those false positive conditions.
So in all probabilities, I would say we can trust the urine pregnancy test results for true pregnancy.
2. Calculation methods to determine fertile days are not 100% accurate. It's quite possible that she conceived on the 4th - 5th day after period especially if her menstrual cycles is short. Moreover calculation of fertile days begin from 1st day of period, not 1st day after period stopped.
3. Minor spotting is quite common during early pregnancy. I will be concerned if the bleeding continues or turns into a heavy flow with cramps.
4. Blood group incompatibility is a problem during second pregnancy. Since this is her first pregnancy we need not be worried. Her obstetrician will advice for certain injections after delivery to prevent complications during subsequent pregnancy.
5. As long as there are no injuries, intercourse is acceptable during pregnancy. Her obstetrician who will be evaluating her at various intervals will inform whether or not intercourse should be stopped.
6 to 8. All those symptoms are quite common during pregnancy. In most women these symptoms improve gradually as pregnancy progresses. Make sure her hemoglobin is in limits. Anemia can reduce appetite.
Hope all your questions are answered. Let me know if you need more information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Max delay in menstruation before pregnancy
- Can delayed menstruation be symptom of pregnancy
- Could it be pregnancy or stress delaying the menstruation
- Is pregnancy possible during menstruation
- Menstruation during pregnancy
- Menstruation and pregnancy
- White blood menstruation during pregnancy
- Could the early menstruation be due to pregnancy
- Bright red menstruation and pregnancy
- Having pregnancy symptomshaving menstruation pregnant