Is knee replacement surgery advisable for an elderly person?
I have read your query.
We usually advise knee replacement surr to our patients who have arthritis and are in deep pain even during walking or sitting.
After knee surgery your mother will lead a healthy and prosperous life, but only thing to take care is after surgery 15 days are important which are know as post operative days, some cure is needed at that time like healthy diet, assisted walking, following doctor's advise strictly, also that patient should mentally feels healthy.
Apart from surgery your mother should do-
Knee muscle strengthening exercises.
Avoid squatting and upstairs.
Use knee brace.
If patient is unwilling to get surgery then I advise intra articular steroid injection, intra articular hyaluronidase injection.
At last I would advise you to get knee replacement surgery done as she is physically active and you both sisters can take care of her.
I hope you have got your answer.
Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Knee replacement surgery age limit
- Hinged knee replacement surgery
- Hypothyroidism and knee replacement surgery
- Oxford knee replacement surgery
- Knee replacement surgery failure
- Hiccups after knee replacement surgery
- Rehab for knee replacement surgery
- Pathophysiology of total knee replacement surgery
- Partial knee replacement surgery
- Total knee replacement surgery
- What does MRI report taken after lower limb pain suggest?
- Suggest dosage of albendazole 400mg for thread worm?
- What is the treatment for aritis spine,hoarseness in voice,heavy chest...
- Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?
- Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?
- Will I be disabled due to arm and carpel tunnel surgery?
- Can injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee after...
- What is the treatment for painful boil in nose for insulin dependents?
- Is it possible that previous knee injuries cause problems in hip joint?
- What is the cause for pain and burning sensation in right arm and thigh?