question-icon

Is juice mixed with glucose safe for a 5 month old infant?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: My Son is 5 months old, now a days we are giving him a little quantity of pomegranate juice,Orange juice mix with glucose and separetely we are giving glucose. Is it good for him?
And I am using Lactogen1 for him
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You may give them for taste

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You may give plain juices (not with glucose)for taste a few times in a day but they should not form the main part of his diet. Continue with lactogen 1 in proper dilution for 6 months of age and change to stage 2 thereafter along with complementary feeds.

Avoid juices if you feel the baby is gassy, colicky or poorly feeding anytime.

Hopefully it will be of help.
Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician