Is it safe to use faktu ointment during pregnancy?

Dr. Madhuri Patil

Diabetologist

Posted on Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Question: I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to use faktu ointment during pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 2 hours later

This ointment is supposed to caste off the dead tissues of the hemorrhoids and others.

If you have been using it since many days and did not have any untoward skin reaction or allergic symptoms then it is ok to continue using it. But if this is the first time I suggest you not to use it unless you have already discussed with your obstetrician. As this ointment is known to cause allergies or skin reactions I would not wish to use antiallergy drugs during the first trimester of pregnancy. Antiallergy drugs are not absolutely safe during first trimester of pregnancy.

I appreciate your efforts taken to know about the safety of the ointment. I also recommend that you discuss your medical problem with your obstetrician, you may learn about the alternative treatment options during this time of pregnancy.

I hope you get your answer. Do get back if you want any further clarification.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad