Is it safe to use Statins after cardiac issues?
Following answer to your query...
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.
As I was reviewing your medical history carefully, I noted that you have 2 main factors for coronary arteries disease (CAD):
I have also noted that it was found atherosclerotic plaques noted in your coronarography.
The goal is to modify those controllable (that can be modified) factors that could lead to CAD including :
- obesity: try to reduce weight
- keeping blood pressure under 130/85
With regards to statins, to my opinion, taking into account all your medical history, I highly recommend to start taking them.
They will not only reduce your cholesterol levels, but at the same time, will help stabilize atherosclerotic plaques.
If you feel can't tolerate, can stop any time.
Meanwhile, I also advise to continue with diet and lifestyle changes :
- be more physically active
- avoid foods that would increase cholesterol levels
- avoid high calories foods
Hope it was of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why not to use coconut oil with statins
- Are statins safe
- What are statins used for
- Is it safe take paracetamol with statins
- Piriformis muscle and the use of statins
- Stopping statins is safe
- Is it safe to take aspirin with a statin drug
- Is apidexin safe to take with statins and thyroxine
- Why are statins used
- Myopathy rhabdomyolysis from statin use