Is it safe to use Rogaine Extra Strength?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is Rogaine Extra Strength safe? Are there any reliable trials showing it works?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, its safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Yes, it contains minoxidil and is safe for topical use in cases of androgentic alopecia. Minoxidil was basically an antihypertensive medication having hypertrichosis as a side effect which was utilized in making a topical medication for alopecia.

As with other medications , side effects are possible and for minoxidil include Allergic contact dermatitis , tendonitis and hypotension etc.

The 5% solution was compared in a 48-week FDA controlled study to the 2 % minoxidil in men. 45% more regrowth was achieved with the 5% than with the 2% solution.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil