Is it safe to use Personal Microdermabrasion device while on Retin-A?
Skip tretinoin application at the time of dermaroller
Hi, welcome to Healthcaremagic,
Self use dermaroller can be used over stretch mark but be careful about the width of dermaroller. Wider dermaroller can result in post inflammatory hypepigmentation.
Tretinoin used for stretch mark is of higher percentage. Improvement occurs with 1% Tretinoin cream (this percentage is not marketed in most of the countries).
Tretinoin is also known for it irritation and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Don't use both at a time. Skip tretinoin application 3 days before and after dermaroller.
Alternatively you can go for dermaroller and chemical treatment . It can be done safely by dermatologist and is office procedure.
At-home microdermbrasion kits are essentially just facial scrubs that use aluminum oxide crystals to scrub away dead skin. Office based microdermabrasion
utilities vacuum for better results.
Hope this will help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Microdermabrasion masturbate
- Microdermabrasion acanthosis
- Stages of microdermabrasion
- Microdermabrasion on hands
- Effects of microdermabrasion
- Dermabrasion and microdermabrasion
- I have holes in my face from using microdermabrasion
- Microdermabrasion scratches
- Microdermabrasion and keloids
- Risks of microdermabrasion
- What does an itchy white patch inside anus indicate?
- What causes burning sensation in palms and soles of feet?
- Suggest treatment for skin irritation under breasts
- What is the cause and treatment for alopecia areta?
- What causes purple colored rash on arm?
- What causes brown bumps on penis?
- What causes small lesions on penis?
- Does contact of penis with someone else's blood transmit HIV?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness and redness of skin
- Are red spots in the scrotum indicative of genital herpes?