question-icon

Is it safe to use Panderm for pimples on face?

Posted on Tue, 17 Mar 2015
Question: I use to get pimples 1 or 2 on my face at the time of my periods but suddenly I got many pimples on my face so one of my friend suggested to use panderm +. I started using it from past 4 months. Withing 2 to 3 days I started feeling that its actually working on pimples as wel as on my complexion. Pimples got reduced and my face got fair complexion. But from 2 months again I started getting pimples one by one and they get dried they lef marks many marks on my face. Now my confidence level getting low. Please advise whether its safe to use panderm + or not. And I dont want to loose my complexion also.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K (24 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Not safe.

Detailed Answer:

In my clinic too see many of my patients trying panderm + and then visiting for the management.
For your advice the cream contains anti bacterial, anti fungal and steroid, all in one cream. No guidelines has recommended such treatment. Initially for infected acne and to reduce inflammation this cream may help since it contain antibacterial and also steroid. But later on with long duration of use your skin start thinning itself and also you will land up in more complicated, difficult to treat shin conditions.

So Stop applying the cream and also explain to your friend who has influenced you to use this.

I hope this information helps you and also answered your query.

Feel fee to ask if any further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Lohit K