Is it safe to use DHT and rogaine for hair loss?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss
Question: Is having a DHT and Rogaine us a good approach of hair loss prevention ?? And what is the way to use them (continously or cycles ) ??
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in .
Rogaine is minoxidil and DHT is 5 alfa reductse inhibitor.It is a good combination and will produce good results. You should use it continously for 6 months to 1 year.
Minoxidil should be used in 5 % strength and applied 1ml twice daily.DHT should be taken daily.use should be continous .Effects should be visible by 4 months.Optimum results will be seen at 9 months.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX
MD dermatologist
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 6 minutes later
What about polysorbate and enkandle and maca powder ?? Whay are these bundle benefits ?? And what to use with the minoxidil and dht
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 7 hours later
Hi again,
Polysorbate ,enkandle and maca powder claim to have benefit in preventing hair loss but its not verified.
You can use saw palmetto products with the minoxidil and DHT .They are natural testesterone antagonist .Saw palmetto is avalable as tablets ,diet supplements,lotions .They are quite effective in hair loss prevention.Also soya products have anti hair loss properties.Antioxidants and multimineral supplements with zinc ,biotin, amino acids like cysteine ,methionone, Iron are helpful in preventing hair loss.
Hope this helps.