Is it safe to treat swollen painful thumb with Neosporin?
Nail fold infection , take treatment
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
You seem to have developed paronychia which is basically a nail fold infection .
You need to keep the affected area clean and dry .
Apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the affected area twice daily .
You might a course of oral antibiotics if the pain and swelling tends to persist or increase.
Take some oral painkillers like ibuprofen or paracetamol to reduce the inflammation and pain .
Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen red painful tip of thumb
- Pain in palm tingling in thumb swollen palm
- Swollen itchy thumb
- Neosporin on swollen labia minora
- Swollen thumb pain
- Sharp severe pain in thumb warm and swollen reason
- Swollen and painful thumb due to injury broken
- Painful ingrown thumb nail tried hot fomentation and neosporin treatment
- Painful swollen vein in thumb
- Is neosporin safe for vaginal pain