Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to travel when suffering from vertigo?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1113 Questions
My Mother is vertigo patient recently she had an vertigo attach around 2weeks back. I am planning to take her to some calm place that is around 4hours away from my home so is it would be good idea to take her there. My concern is while going there in Car she will be comfortable or not , is this will be an good idea or not ??
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take her in a lying position... Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query that your mother is suffering from the vertigo. Before you plan any trip with your mother, it is better to consult the ENT specialist. It is absolute necessary to reach the cause of vertigo and management according to this. If you want to take her to some calm place then take her in the lying position with absolute restriction of the head movement; but it is not good idea before the rule out the cause of vertigo. If you have any doubt. I will be available for your query
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor