Is it safe to travel after a hamstring injury?

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: i have pulled my hamstring am having physio and the bruising has now come out. i have a long haul flight on Sunday is it ok to travel?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you may travel but avoid constant sitting

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Please tell me what medicine are you taking?
It is safe to travel but avoid constant sitting that is not more than 25-30 minutes and keep on doing the muscle stretching exercises.
Hope this helps you and I shall be glad to answer any further query.

Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 6 minutes later
thank you would you advise to take pain killers/anti inflamatory tablets?

medicine daily is 1 x 100mg allopurinol tablet 1 x 2.5mg ramipril capsules
thank you
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may add muscle relaxant drugs

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It's good to see you
You may add muscle relaxant drugs like Thiocolchicoside and continue to take the other medicine as usual along with pain killer if required. Since, Thiocolchicoside is prescription only drug you may have to visit a local doctor.
All the best for your journey.