Is it safe to take vyvanse 100mg prior to surgery?
Thanks for writing in
Since Vynase contains lisdexamphetamine, and you are about to undergo a major surgery which would require anesthesia, it is better that we wean you off the drug slowly.
This drug could increase blood pressure and heart during anesthesia if its effect persists. So you have to stop the drug before surgery at least one day prior to surgery.
Because you have been taking this drug for a long time, so abrupt stoppage of drug will cause withdrawal symptoms.
So the best approach would be to wean you off the drug slowly before surgery.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to take 180 mg of vyvanse
- Safe to take ibuprofen with vyvanse
- Is it safe to take vyvanse 100mg prior to surgery
- Is it safe to drink while taking vyvanse
- Is it safe to take vyvanse with anesthesia
- Is it safe to take atarax with vyvanse
- Is it safe to take nyquil and vyvanse
- Sudafed safe to take with vyvanse
- Is it safe to take vyvanse and amoxicillin
- Is it safe to take ginseng with vyvanse
- Is SAAZ an effective medicine for Sacroilitis? Any alternate medicine?
- Suffering from external hemroids. Having irregular bowel movement and...
- What is knee resurfacing surgery? Can a person lead a normal life?
- Having soreness in arm. MRI of shoulder and knee done. What does the...
- Suffering with back pain. What should I do to get cure?
- Suffering from back pain. How to get relief?
- Having continuous pain in hand. How to get relief from pain?
- Have had fracture in ribs. Had a small pneumothorax. Why am I feeling...
- Found a lump on the leg. X-ray and ultrasound is to be done. What could...
- Is it safe to take vyvanse 100mg prior to surgery?