Owl Image

Is it safe to take oxyelite pro along with levothyroxin?

Endocrinologist
Question
Can OxyElite Pro be taking with Levothyroxin?
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 12 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

The answer is plain and simple. Absolutely NO. Oxylite pro contains Bauhinia purpurea which increase T3 and T4 hormones. Levothyroxine is basically T4. Combining the two would can cause an excess of thyroid hormones which could be XXXXXXX I would not recommend you to take Oxylite pro if you are talking levothyroxine for low thyroid.

If you do want to loose weight here are a few suggestions:

1. Get a good grip on your low thyroid. As you must be already knowing, low thyroid causes weight gain. If you have a good control on your thyroid levels YOU WILL LOOSE WEIGHT. That too naturally and without any side effects
2. Enroll in any lifestyle medicine program. I run a lifestyle medicine program based on Harvard Lifestyle Medicine program. The idea with lifestyle medicine is to promote good habits and good health effectively over a gradual process instead of short term quick fixes to the solution. If you are interested in it do let me know and we can enroll you for the same, and it can be done online as well.

Dr. Om Lakhani, MD
Consultant Diabetologist
For lifestyle Medicine see http://www.mellitus.in/about-lifestyle-medicine