Is it safe to take novaclox for throat infection while trying to get pregnant?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: I am trying to get pregnant. I have a throat infection with some pain in the ear. I am taking novaclox-lb 500 1 in the morning, 1 in the evening. Is it safe to take novaclox-lb-500 if I am trying to get pregnant?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: YES, YOU CAN TAKE THE MEDICINE WHILE TTC. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) Yes, you can take NOVACLOX-LB 500 (containing amoxicillin and cloxacillin) for throat infection and ear pain. It is quite safe while you are trying to get pregnant. However, you must maintain oral hygiene to avoid repeated infection. You can use HEXIDINE mouth wash regularly in addition to above and brush your teeth 3 to 4 times daily or after taking foods each time. 2) For successful conception, you should follow this for 6 to 12 months: - Do unprotected sex close to your ovulation day (14 days prior to due date) or within fertile days (11th to 19th day of 28 to 30 days cycle). - Use ovulation prediction kit (available in medical store) in the mid cycle to track down your ovulation time and maximize the chance of pregnancy. - Take healthy diet with more green vegetables and Vitamin-E, Folic acid tab for at least 3 months in preconception stage. - Do regular light exercise or yoga to control body weight and improve overall fitness. It also help to relieve mental stress or upset. Hope, it helps for your information. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Thank you very much Dr Soumen. Your advice is clear and very helpful. I am glad I tried this website. God bless.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: MOST WELCOME. Detailed Answer: Hello, You are most welcome on our Healthcare Magic Platform. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query For direct query, you can visit my link : WWW.WWWW.WW Good luck and all the best. Regards, Dr Soumen