Is it safe to take montek LC for severe dust allergy?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hi,
i have had the severe dust allergy from last 15 yrs.
I was prescribed montek LC with dose of 1 tablet in the day & 1 in the night for 2 months.
Can you please tell me if this will take of my dust allergy atleast for next few months once i stop taking medication. i do not have asthama.
Thanks in advance, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 29 minutes later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, dust allergy is an allergic condition where body detects dust as foreign particle and develops antibody against it. It is mainly a genetic disease, associated with family history. So, it is basically problem of immune mechanism.

So, you must understand one thing, that, no drug can render you allergy free for the rest of your life.

In case of Montek LC, it is a good drug. But its effectiveness varies person to person. So, it is very difficult to say the time period you will be free from allergy.

But, overall, it can be said that you will feel better after completion of the course of this drug.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 19 hours later

For how long should i be on the Montek LC & what is the dosage?
Nobody in my family has the history of dust allergy or any other allergy that i am aware of.

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

You can continue the medicine as your treating doctor has been prescribed. Generally, it is given for 1 to 2 months depending upon severity.

If you do not have any family history, then you have this disease sporadically.

Regards.