Is it safe to take lexopro while taking venalaxafine?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi. can I take lexopro and venalaxafine together. lexopro calms me down more
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: major drug interactions between two Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Lexapro contains escitalopam, which belongs to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and venalaxafine belongs to serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. Both are antidepressants. There are major drug interactions reported between the two. So better to avoid taking the drugs together. As you are comfortable with lexapro, you may continue that with your doctor's advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.