Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to take height increasing pills?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1824 Questions
Hi mr Doctro, I am 22 years old and I am not happy with my height, so I found a website online selling pills that are told that helps to gain height. Do you recommend taking these pills? if so please recommend me one
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your question.

A person can grow taller only if the ends of the long bones are not fused with the shaft of the bone. These usually get fused by 17-18 years of age.
Since you are already 22 years old, they would have got fused by now and you can confirm it by x-rays.

Having said that there are no pills available which are scientifically proven to increase the height.
All these advertised on websites are just scams and do not believe them.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor