Is it safe to take coq10 vitamin along with ecosprin av 75 mg and zicam 0.25 mg?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i have trygliside 219 instatd of 150 normal level AND B P 160/90
doctor prescribed me ECosperin AV 75 once a day AND ZIRAM 0.25 FOR BP
can i take COQ 10 VITAMIN WITH THIS DRUGS
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 58 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Yes, you can – There is no problem of taking CoQ10 (ubiquinone) with your other drugs.

Ziram (Ramipril) should be 2.5 mg / not 0.25 mg as you have written / I presume it is typing error? / You have to increase the dose (5 mg now / up to 10 mg, if necessary) – to bring down to 130 or less. You can add calcium blocker and/or diuretic, lf the pressure is not controlled well. Your doctor will advise...

Glucose after meals is good control – OK / Is fasting level is also OK? / Have you done HbA1C (- shows long term control)?

Triglyceride is slightly high / expected in Diabetes / can be controlled with diet (low carbohydrate) and exercise. Still, it is preferable to take a statin or Fibrate – because of the background of Sugar and Pressure. Discuss with your doctor

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck

Follow up: Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 24 minutes later
THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR,
YOU ARE RIGHT SIR, ZIRAM IS 2.5 MG WHICH I TAKE TWICE IN A DAY.
OTHER MEDICINES PRISCRIBED BY MY DOCTOR WITH ECOSPERIN AND ZIRAM ARE
SHELLCAL 500 MG(CALCIUM TABLET) AND A TO Z VITAMIN TABLET.
PRESENTLY I STOPED TO EAT SUGAR AND GHEE. AND I EAT LESS SALT WHICH ADVICED BY MY DOCTOR.
ACTUALY MY PRESSURE IS UNDERCONTROLED BUT LAST TIME IT SHOW 160/90
AND MY FASTING SUGER AND HB1AC IS AS 103 AND 6.1

I AM PRESENTLY TREATED BY DR P .S .IYENGER IN AHMEDBAD.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 10 minutes later
Hi

Everything sounds good.
Keep following with your doctor, regularly

All the best