Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to take candid CL vaginal medicine every month for vaginal infection?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
is taking candid CL vaginal medicine every month or two months ok? does it harm? I am getting infected everymonth post marriage and its been 10 months itching and vaginal discharge is common I have already checked with docs here and they have suggested me dos and donts but problem persist its also affecting us now.. is there a problem with me? how do I stop this permanently
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE AS GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem. From given history, I can assume that you are currently suffering from recurrent vaginal YEAST infection. In this stage, I would suggest to undergo one CULTURE and SENSITIVITY TEST of vaginal discharge, blood sugar (PPBS) and differential count to rule out causative organism and confirm the diagnosis. It also helps to determine better drug treatment. Next thing, you have to ELIMINATE or CORRECT some additional predisposing factors like diabetes, mental stress, lack of sleep, poor eating habits, hormonal imbalance, certain medicines (like hormone pills, antibiotics, steroids etc), weak immune system, cervicitis, poor genital hygiene etc. It may be aggravated by using chemical substance like lubricant or jelly with condom or soap/ detergent/ other bath products, causing repeated friction and irritation inside vagina. So, you have to modify all these things to get effective result. You can consult with your GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance. TREATMENT: 1) Vaginal suppository or anti-fungal vaginal tab like CANDID CL can be used as per your doctor's prescription. It is NOT harmful if it is taken at one or two months interval. Other supportive treatment may be required. 2) Use vaginal moisturizer cream or maintain vaginal pH with RepHresh pH gel to avoid repeated infection. VAGISIL cream should be used prior to intimation each time and maintain genital hygiene before and after sex. 3) Wear only clean and cotton underwear. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pants to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Take sound sleep adequately. 4) Take healthy diet as you have mentioned with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, selenium, zinc, lycopene etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or juice for better systemic circulation. You must avoid salty, sugary or fatty foods. 5) Your partner also needs one urine culture and sensitivity test and STD panel to exclude any kind of asymptomatic infection or STD. Proper treatment is required to avoid repeated infection. 6) Avoid chemical cosmetics or soap or scented bath products around genital area. Don't practice unprotected sex till the problem is completely resolved. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is it safe to take candid CL vaginal medicine every month for vaginal infection? 4 hours later
how do I do vaginal discharge test done?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. Vaginal discharge test is done through one vaginal swab or slide preparation which is seen under microscope to identify the causative agent. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist for test procedure. Hope, it helps to understand. You should follow previous guideline. All the best and good luck. Kindly, close the discussion. Regards, Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor