Is it safe to take Vitamin E orally for acne and hair loss?

Question
Hi, is it safe to take Vitamin E orally.. If yes for how many days should it be taken for acne and hair loss. Also since I suffer from environmental allergies.. I have been recommended Celin(vitamin c).. Is it safe to take these together.. I was also considering adding vitamin b complex capsules to my daily routine as I suffer from fatigue often. Please let me know if all three can be taken orally together and what cautions need to be observed for the same. Thanks
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...given below
Detailed answer...
Thanks or the query.
You can take all these vitamins together at breakfast.
Normally VIT E deficiency is very rare to find but if you  want to take it you can take it 400 units for 6 weeks.try to obtain it naturally by taking more of whole grains,nuts like almonds and walnuts,broccoli,spinach and green leafy vegetables,tomatoes,red bell pepper etc.
There is nothing special precaution to be taken while taking them.
If you are taking some calcium also,then avoid taking iron along with calcium.
Iron is best absorbed in presence of VIT C,so you can take iron in the morning along with VIT C.
At the end I would say one thing,younger people like you never have the need for taking these supplements.If you are eating healthy,then you get all the nutrients,you need.
These are generally required by very old people having poor diet or by people having chronic diarrhea or gastrointestinal disease,where they can not absorb what they eat.
You may take these supplements but I don't think you need them for more than 6 weeks.
If your diet is good,you get every thing in that.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Is it safe to take Vitamin E orally for acne and hair loss? 10 minutes later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX
Thank you for your prompt response and suggestions. While I agree I do not need these supplements at my age, my allergies sometimes completely drain me out because of continuous sneezing. I try to work out regularly but for the past 2 weeks have not be able to on a regular basis due to these allergies. Hence, I wrote to this forum and was suggested Vitamin C for the same. Of late I have been suffering from bad acne and hair loss.. I tried homeopathy but that has not helped.. I was reading about the benefits of Vitamin E.. Direct application and oral intake and was keen to kind out if the same is beneficial.. The reason I thought it's good to take Vitamin B complex is, since I am getting married at the end of this year, there is a lot of running around and excess physical and mental stress for the preparations which drains me out completely. So i thought I would take the supplements for a little while to help deal with the excess stress of late. I try and take a balance diet in addition to workout 4 times a week. If you still suggest I should stay clear of the supplements, Request you to kindly suggest alternates for my skin and hair challenges.
Thanks again. Regards, XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
You can definitely go ahead and take these supplements and there is no harm in taking them.My only point is that it is very difficult to say whether these would be of any help to you,however you must definitely use hem and see the overall response your self.
Carry on with your exercises and good diet.
As far as skin and hair is concerned,I would recommend to have consultation with a dermatologist for proper evaluation and management,considering the fact that you are going to get married soon.
In addition,I would suggest you to do following ...
Plenty of oral water to drink
Yoga and meditation for de stressing.
Plenty of fruits and green vegetables.
Avoiding junk foods,fatty and fried foods and colas.
Consuming coconut water routinely.
Snacking with almonds and walnuts instead of chips etc.
Thanks