Is it safe to take Regestrone for 5 days to postpone periods?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: My mother was having a heavy bleeding for 15 to 20 days and she was advised to take regestrone for 2 weeks continuously and she is fine now.
I think after stopping resgestrone periods will come in 3 to 5 days. as there is some important function and she wanted to postpone it for 3 to 4 days. Can she take regestrone for another 2 or 3 days? Please suggest me.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes! She can take.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Yes! she can take regestrone for another 2-3 days, there is no harm in it.
I think I have answered your query. If you have further questions, I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E