Is it safe to take Providac post radiation treatment?
Reason : I feel comfortable as now my irregular bowel movement is well controlled.
Thanks for the query
I have gone through the literature of Providac, it states that there are no serious side effects from the drug if the patient is not allergic to it.
Providac is given for a prolonged period of time ( upto 6 weeks) in patients who are suffering from small bowel bacterial over growth. The only side effect I have seen in these patients are that they feel bloated. Most of them do well
I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe for a newborn to be around someone recieving radiation treatments
- Radiation treatment for acoustic neuroma
- Thyroid radiation treatment
- How safe are people undergoing radiation treatment
- Overactive thyroid radiation treatment
- Bleeding after radiation treatment
- Fatigue after radiation treatment
- Hyperthyroidism radiation treatment
- Iodine radiation treatment for thyroid
- After chemo and radiation treatments
- Blood test showing abnormal WBCs, neutrophils, lymphocytes, alkaline...
- Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe...
- Pain in back. Is cold the cause & what medication?
- Advised for gall bladder, hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement...
- Dizziness, pressure in ears and noise while swallowing after child...
- Blurred vision, pain & dry eyes,flashing lights in eye, menopausal &...
- Old and out of shape. Heart rate races after strenuous exercise. Use a...
- My urine really stinks. Why would this happen?
- Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue?
- Sore and achy around heart. Fluctuates throughout the day. Why would...