Is it safe to take Paracetamol while on Ketorolac?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Dental Health
Question: Hi..I have a sudden unbearable toothache. I took ponstan but it didnt help, now my last option is to take paracetamol before I go to the dentist tomorrow early ..is it possible to take paracetamol while I have taken ponstan already?
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you may take paracetamol, ketorolac is better option

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in.

I would like to tell you that any pain killer will give you temporary relief but for permanent relief go for treatment.
Ponstan contains mefanamic acid that is pain killer almost equivalent to paracetamol.
In case of acute pain you may take ketorolac 10 mg dispersible tablet as & when required.
Consult your dentist for further treatment plan.

Hope I answered your query

Wishing you good health

Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Neha Sumra

Dentist