question-icon

Is it safe to take Oral Nyastatin with Flagyl and Ciprofloxin?

Posted on Mon, 24 Mar 2014
Question: Hi is it OK to take Oral Nyastatin for yeast issues at the same time as two antibiotics I was prescribed for a stomach Infection- Flagyl and Ciprofloxin
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (46 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this stomach infection. It is safe to take all of these antibiotics at the same time. There is no potential drug interaction between them. What bothers me is the number of antibiotics t=you are taking at the same time. This sounds like targeting almost every possible infection to treat whatever the cause may be. Did you get tested and a diagnosis made? And if so, what was the diagnosis? Please, do well to avoid alcohol during this treatment as its interaction with metronidazole can cause a terrible feeling. That said, it is safe to take these drugs together. Feel free to ask more questions and clarifications if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah