Is it safe to take Naturogest orally?

Posted on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi ,
I am 15 week pregnant and doctor has suggested me to take Naturogest 200 mg through vagina every night before sleep.By mistake today I have taken the medicine orally . Please suggest is it safe for me and baby. If not please guide me.

Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Naturogest and safety

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
By mistake you took "NATUROGEST" orally.
Question :Is it safe for you & baby?
Naturogest is natural micronised progesterone and it is prescribed in pregnancy to prevent recurrent miscarriage w/progesterone deficiency.
It is taken as orally , intramuscular ( if in injection form ), intrauterine , vaginally .So be sure that this is a safe drug not only for you but for your baby also.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi