question-icon

Is it safe to take Kefaleks with Metrogyl three times daily?

Posted on Sat, 1 Mar 2014
Question: Is it ok to take kefaleks + metrogyl 3 times daily
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer: can be used Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Kefalex is the trade name for an antibiotic called cephalexin. It has a wide range of different uses and treats different types of infections.The dose can vary from 250mg to 500mg . It can actually be given up to every 6 hours ( 4 times a day) in some persons. Metrogel is metronidazole vaginal cream. There is also an oral tablet form available. The cream is used most often 2 times a day but can be used more often. The tablet can be taken 3 times a day, depending on the dose used. In term of possible interactions:there are no known interactions between these agents. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James