Is it safe to take Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen for sore muscles?
My wife ((65) and I (71) are both sick, gobsmacked by something,
probably related to 3 weeks driving our Aussie friends
around NorCal, Monterey, and Lucy's brother and wife coming
last week as well. Every day, 8 Am to 10 PM, playing host / hostess,
drivers, cooks, laundry, shopping, eating out. Had a great time w/ them, but we've been
in bed since Friday evening, heavy coughing, fever, sore muscles,
and headaches. Miserable. Hard to even make it out of bed.
Our GP is out this week. We have 800 MG of Ibuprofin and 300 MG acetomenaphin.
Can we take either to easy pain, soreness, fever. Both in excellent health, no other
Yes, either can be taken, ibuprofen would be a better choice
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
You can take ibuprofen 800 mg ibuprofen or acetaminophen 1 g for now. Both are safe. Ibuprofen would be a better choice but you should not take more than 1.2 g of ibuprofen in 24 hours unless advised by your doctor for some inflammatory condition.
With your history, it appears to be lower respiratory tract infection. After a physical exam , an x ray chest can be advised to rule out the possibility of pneumonic patch among other serious causes. If the clinical assessment is consistent with a bacterial lower respiratory tract infection then antibiotics should be prescribed empirically such as a quinolone or azithromycin along with cough medication and anti histamines, in consult with your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Difference between ibuprofen and acetaminophen
- Alternate ibuprofen acetaminophen for pain
- Acetaminophen and ibuprofen
- Mix acetaminophen and ibuprofen
- Take ibuprofen with acetaminophen
- Ibuprofen and acetaminophen dosage
- Hydrocodone acetaminophen and ibuprofen
- Mixing hydrocodone acetaminophen ibuprofen
- Ibuprofen vs acetaminophen liver
- Alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...