Is it safe to switch from Valium to Xanax abruptly?
Hello, and thanks very much for your question.
I would advise against switching from Valium to Xanax. Xanax is an ultra-fast-acting benzodiazepine that lasts about thirty minutes and then quickly leaves the system, leading to rebound anxiety, withdrawal, and addiction. Valium acts more slowly and regularly, and is by far a better medication for anxiety.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What other medication can show a false positive for Oxazepam and Temazepam?
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- Which genetic test predicts how effective psychiatric medication are at...
- What causes erectile dysfunction after kegel exercises?
- Suggest ways to wean off Abilify
- What do these PFT test results indicate?
- Suggest treatment for visual hallucinations
- Suggest treatment for borderline personality disorder
- How to rule out bipolar disorder?
- Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of Hydrocodone