Is it safe to switch from Protonix to Famotidine?
is it safe for me to switch from protonix to famotidine (pepcid)
hello and thank you for sending the question.
It would be reasonable for you to transition to the famotidine from the protonix. Hopefully it will control symptoms of esophageal reflux just as well. I do not for see any major problems and you making this type of transition.
I would recommend that you give this 4 to 6 weeks to make a full assessment of whether the transition is equivalent to your prior treatment with pantoprazole.
Of course before making any change in management of your medications, we recommend that you touch base with your primary care physician for further discussion.
thank you again for sending the question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is chemo-therapy effective in treatment of carcinoma of the esophagus?
- What does a lump on nipple indicate?
- What causes MGUS with a M-spike of .2?
- Suggest treatment for depression with anxiety
- What causes high BP and low platelet count?
- Suggest treatment for stage 4 rectal cancer
- Can Arimidex usage cause raised bumps on arms and neck?
- What does low WBC count indicate?
- Does Gleason of 9 and PSA of 96 indicate prostate cancer?
- Does my blood work indicate cancer?