Is it safe to sleep after a head injury?
front of his head and also hit his elbow. He immediately got up and we doctored it.
He had some visual disturbances at first and a headache. Two hours later he still has a minor headache. Is there any danger in him going to sleep now? He had no nausea or disorientation.
Allow him to sleep
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Some degree of headache is quite common even after minor head injury. If there has been no loss of consciousness, no vomiting and disorientation and convulsions then there seems to be no cause for concern. Allow him to sleep, give him analgesic like Paracetamol. Rest and analgesic will relieve his symptoms.
If you notice any of following then consult your physician
2. Persistent headache
3. Persistent vomiting
4. Loss of consciousness
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nausea after head injury
- Is it safe to fly after head injury
- Vomiting after head injury
- Gagging after head injury
- How long after head injuries is it ok to sleep
- Sleepiness after head injury
- Dyslexia after head injury
- Problems after a head injury
- Menstruation after head injury
- When are you safe after head injury
- Taking Limcee for TB. What could be the reason for blood in sputum?
- Noticed increase in blood pressure after eating. Colonoscopy and CT scan...
- Should I be concerned about a lump under my right clavicle?
- Can Loprin be taken at 5 weeks pregnancy?
- What is the reason for skin around nose and hair line turning black?
- Suffering from loose motion after taking azithral for sore throat...
- What is the reason for numbness in leg and body after walking on thread...
- What is the cure for chest contraction and back muscle that developed...
- What is the cure for persistent nausea?
- Can drinking coffee and smoking causes gloating, nausea and dizziness?