Plenty of causes. GERD, Costochondritis
First i have to explain that Chest pain
is not only caused by Heart Problems.
Apart from causes pertaining to Heart, there are plenty of non cardiac causes which may cause the chest pain. This also some times cause pain similar to cardiac pain.
Some common causes which i have come across are
1. Gastroesophageal reflex disease ( GERD). This is due to irritation of lower esophageal by reflex of acidic gastric contents.
2. Costochondritis- This is due to the inflammation of are where the ribs join with breast bone
3. Peptic ulcers- Ulcers in stomach and first part of intestine. this also cause the non cardiac chest pain. This is most common in peoples who are smokers or alcoholic or on pain killers
4. Anxiety and stress
Here i have to explain some alarming cardiac symptoms which you might aware along with chest pain are
1. A sudden feeling of pressure, squeezing, tightness, or crushing under your breastbone.
2. Chest pain that spreads to your jaw, left arm, or back.
3. Sudden sharp chest pain with shortness of breath
, especially after a long period of inactivity.
4. Nausea, dizziness
, rapid heart rate
or rapid breathing, confusion, ashen color, or excessive sweating
5. Very low blood pressure or very low heart rate.
6. Pain that are not relieved by anti-inflammatory medications.
If you have these symptoms associated with chest pain, then you should go to ER and take further tests like Electrocardiogram and Echocardiography
Hope this helps.
Please write back for further queries.
Wishing you good health.