Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Is it safe to indulge in sex after a dog bite?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
HI, my wife is bitten by dog (domestic) and on 5-shot of vaccination..Already completed 3rd one. Next is scheduled on 15th Feb and last one on 5th March..My question is can I have normal sex with my wife? Sex apart, we are used to frequent hugging, kissing etc as token of love. I fear because lot of direct bodily contact during that act...Please help us in dispelling fear and doubt..Thanks in anticipation. XXXX
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, you can go ahead Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Yes, you can go ahead with having normal sexual life with your wife including hugging, kissing etc. It is not going to cause any harm to either of you. There is nothing to be feared about or doubt here. The rabies virus does not spread through sexual and intimate contact. Hope this clears your doubt. Please do complete the vaccination as scheduled. Wish you both a healthy life.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor