question-icon

Is it safe to increase the dosage of Paroxetine for anxiety?

Posted on Thu, 12 May 2016
Question: have been on Paroxetine 40 mg, today the doctor changed it to Paroxetine controlled release tablets 50mg. Been having trouble with anxiety & worry so he changed the dosage, is this a good thing?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and Welcome to HCM.

Anxiety is treated very well with SSRI antidepressants like Paroxetine. By increasing the dose, your doctor did a good thing, as the increased dose will treat your anxiety even better. The controlled release feature ensures a steady level throughout the day. This is a good change and should definitely help you!

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist