Is it safe to have steroids while suffering from low platelet count?
You may have immunothrombocytopenia.
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.
Your platelet count is very low and it is increased by taking steroids. You may have immuno thrombocytopenic purpura( ITP).
In ITP there is immune mediated destruction of platelets count. Immunosuppressive drugs like steroids are helpful. So you should take it according to advise.
You spleen is enlarged due to some other cause. Itis not due to weight lifting.
Please send me your complete blood count and bone marrow examination repoets fpr further help.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Herpes and low platelets count
- Diabetes and low platelet count
- Low platelet count of 122
- Is low platelet count curable
- Low platelet count and smoking
- Low platelet count anabolic steroids
- Low platelet count tuberculosis
- Low platelet count and epilepsy
- Low platelet count 80000
- Suffering with fever low platelet count suffering with typhoid