Is it safe to have intercourse while having non-bacterial prostatitis?

Posted on Fri, 26 Dec 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi, I have non-bacterial prostatitis. My wife has become pregnant. Will this affect my unborn child's health?
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No! Your child is very very safe and run no extra risk related to this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this.

There is just no way this can have an effect. First, it is not cause by a germ and secondly, sperms carry no germs on them. Your child runs no extra risk related to this non bacterial prostatitis. Even if this were to be bacterial prostatitis, your child would not be affected.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah