question-icon

Is it safe to have Viagra inspite of being on Bisoprolol?

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: I have a history of atrial flutter and following cardioversion to get back into sinus rhythm I am on bisoprolol 2,5mg twice a day. Since taking the bisoprolol I've found erection strength to be impaired. Is Viagra ok to use in conjunction with bisoprolol
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
drug interactions present.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.

Bisoprolol can increase the blood levels of sildenafil by decreasing its clearence.

This can increase the side effects of sildenafil like headache, flushing, dizziness, dyspepsia and diarrhea.

So, I would recommend to start with lowest possible doses of sildenafil.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to discuss further.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist