• question-icon

Is it safe to go for urethral dilation for urethral stenosis?

Posted on Mon, 6 Oct 2014 in Lump
Question: Are urethral dilation work also are the tools used cause bleeding and can this procedure be done at dr office with just a dr and assistant
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It does not cause bleeding &can be done at home.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Urethral Stenosis and your Urologist has advised you to get urethral dilatation done.

Urethral dilatation is very safe and simple procedure and has to be done very frequently Normally we teach the patient to get it done herself or with near ones ,It is not mandatory to get it done by Dr .

However if you want it to be done by Dr you can consult your family physician Do not worry it does not cause any bleeding.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to write if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards .
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
It was done already the dilation also had a cystoscopy that widens the urethra so there's no chance of transmission of any HIV or hepatitis from the tools that were used
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
No chance of getting HIV, Hepatits with equeipment

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing again .All the equipments used in any surgical procedure are thoroughly washed,cleaned and sterilised in formalin chamber and Cidex solution before they are used for next procedure .

So there are no chances of getting HIV or Hepatitis being transmitted by using these equipments .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist