Is it safe to give Ambrodil S to a child?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: I have given my two and a half yeqr old daughter 7.5 ml of ambrodil plus is it safe
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it is safe.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM,

Ambrodil plus contains more than one ingredients which are ambroxol,Guaiphenesin,ammonium Chloride,Pseudoephedrine,chlorpheniramin.

It is to be given in wet cough (cough with expectoration) under doctor's supervision.

All these medications are one of the safest drug of Allopathy.

Since 5 ml dose would be sufficient to 2.5 year child but there is NO issue if you have given 7.5ml. The dose of the drug depends on the weight of the person rather than age.

Mostly it is safe,no need to worry.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad