Is it safe to get Botox injections while taking Plaquenil?
Plaquenil decreases Botox efficacy.
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Caution should be taken if Botox is injected after Plaquenil use, because Plaquenil reduces efficacy of Botox and itching at injection site are reported.
There is no absolute contraindication in using both these drugs.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How safe are botox injections for cosmetic reasons
- Botox injections for eyes
- Botox injections for migraines procedure
- Botox injection sites for migraine
- Turkey neck and botox injection
- Botox injections for costochondritis
- Is botox injection safe if given for deltoid muscle
- Botox injections under eye
- Botox injections for plantar fasciitis
- Botox injections in the stomach