Is it safe to feed baby with Similac ready prepared 4 hours ago?
You need to throw it away-with bacteria, if the baby drank in same bottle
Thank you for posting your question to HCM,
The similac ready to feed formula need to get thrown away 1 hour after the baby has feed with, or if the baby has not sucked in the bottle, it can be refrigerated and used until 24 hours after. The reason is because if the baby drink again in the same bottle after 1 hour, the bacteria may grow in the milk and cause the baby problems.
So, just remember:
-- Feed your baby as needed. He will ask to drink frequently and not regularly the first days until he gets used of drinking every 2 hours.
-- If the baby does not drink all the bottle, just pour in the drinking bottle the amount you think he may drink, and refrigerate the other amount, making sure it does not get contaminated.
-- Keep there XXXXXXX 24 hours if the bottle has not touched the baby lips, and not more then 1 hour if it has.
Let me know if you have further questions or clarifications. I would be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lactogen 2 safe substitute for similac
- Giving similac can i give lactare and feed my baby
- Mt pill safe when feeding a baby
- Similac formula baby mtion
- Getting ready for baby
- How safe to feed baby with lactogen
- How to prepare lactogen for feeding
- 4 months baby vomiting after cerelac feed of 5 hours
- Is it safe to take regestrone tablet while feeding baby
- Febrex plus is safe during feeding baby