question-icon

Is it safe to feed a 7 month old infant with pomegranate?

Posted on Thu, 7 Jan 2016
Question: my Baby is 7.5 months old. she weighs 7.5kg. is it advisable to give pomegranate. what type food can we start now apart from mother's milk. please advise
Answered by Dr. Saad Sultan (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Do not use pomegranate..Use boiled eggs, cerelac .

Detailed Answer:
Welcome at HCM..
I am dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and will be answering your query. I have gone through your query and being your physician I completely understand your health concerns..
Generally weaning should be started after six months.. It is generally recommended to start it with soft diet. It is very important to continue with breast feeding. At this time , your baby needs more nutrients to cope with the body requirements.
Starting cerelac is a good option to start with. Adding boiled eggs is very good at this time. Do see the response of baby since these things are new to baby intestine. if your baby develops diarrhoe or vomitting then do not repeat it.
Generally, start adding substances slowly to the baby diet and do not disrupt the breast feeding abruptly.
I do not recommend pomegrante at this time. It may cause intestinal obstruction. so avoid using it.
hope it helps
If you have any query , feel free to ask.
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Saad Sultan