Is it safe to exercise 24 hours before a PET scan?
I understand you are not permitted to exercise 48 hours prior to the Pet Scan. I can usually lower my glucose levels with 30 minutes on the tread mill.
Insulin or Diamicron
Noted your concern.
As you correctly pointed out, diabetes need to be controlled before the PET scan. However, exercise ( streneous) should not be performd 24 hours ( not 48 hours) before the PET scan.
In short period, if you want to reduce blood sugar, in your case, best is to start on Insulin ( a basal insulin like Lantus). The next option would be to start on a pill like Diamicron in additon to Januvia and Metformin.
These may be stopped after PET scan.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spots before eyes exercise
- Exercises safe for spondylitis
- Safe to exercise with labrynthitis
- Taking vyvanse before exercise
- Safe to exercise while on vyvanse
- Safe exercises after laparotomy
- Safe exercises hip replacement
- Stretching exercises before running
- Exercises before abdominal surgery
- Vyvanse before exercise