Is it safe to do artificial rupture of membranes during 38.2 weeks of pregnancy?
Go for rupture of membranes
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Your gynecologist is doing a right decision in doing artificial rupture of membranes as it is according to the international guidelines.
At 4 cm it is considered as active labor time has started and many a tines mother doesn't feel the contractions which are there but in low intensity because it is impossible to have dilated os without contractions.
Go for it and hope you will be blessed with a healthy baby soon via vaginal delivery.
Rupturing the membranes will escalate labor pains and not going to increase the chances of c-section.
Baby achieves maturity at 37 weeks and thus can be delivered anytime after that so it is not premature to start labor.
Wish you all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fertigyn injection is safe during 6 week pregnancy
- Is secnidazole safe to be used during secound week of pregnancy
- Is flomist safe during pregnancy
- Is it safe to travel during the 30th week of pregnancy
- Is ecosprin safe during 4th week of pregnancy?
- Inflammation of the membrane during pregnancy
- Journey during pregnancy is safe
- Is venlafaxine safe during 10 weeks pregnancy
- Is ichthammol safe during pregnancy
- Is metronidazole safe during pregnancy