Is it safe to crush Keppra to make them easier to swallow?

Question
My wife ,a late stage AHD patient, is having difficulty swallowing 500 mg Keppra tablets. I have been crushing them and putting them in sauce. This works well. Does crushing the medicine reduce its effectiveness?
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not recommended

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns

Please note that Keppra tablets are not recommended to be crushed or splitter. However, you can consider giving her the liquid form or the suspension form tablets which are designed to be dissolved in a liquid and drank...

I hope you find this helpful...